Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
- Wart Post treatment Instructions
- Nail Surgery post op Instructions
- Pre-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- Post-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
Work shoes are available in many shapes and have unique features and materials designed for specific occupations and uses. Thick leather boots with steel toe boxes are designed to protect your feet. Boots with varying degrees of traction are also available.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers the following guide that matches specific occupational hazards with work footwear:
|Falling and rolling objects, cuts and punctures
||Steel-toe safety shoes; add-on devices, such as metatarsal guards, metal foot guards, puncture-proof inserts, and shin guards.|
|Chemicals, solvents||Footwear with synthetic stitching and made of rubber, vinyl, or plastic.|