Subungal Exotosis (bone spur under toenail)
Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
- Wart Post treatment Instructions
- Nail Surgery post op Instructions
- Pre-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- Post-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- SHOE LIST
Subungal exostosis is more commonly referred to as a bone spur under the toenail. This condition is generally caused by toe trauma, which results in the formation of a bony irregularity or prominence. The normal treatment for subungal exostosis is surgical removal. Other small tumors, called osteochondromas and enchondromas, can also form in the bone beneath the toenail.