Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
- Wart Post treatment Instructions
- Nail Surgery post op Instructions
- Pre-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- Post-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- SHOE LIST
Osteochondromas are benign bone tumors that form in the bone beneath the toenail. Osteochrondromas account for about half of all benign bone tumors, and occur mostly in children and young adults. Unless they cause irritation to the surrounding tissue, they are generally not painful.
In some cases, osteochondromas may cause a deformity in the toenail or lead to an ingrown toenail. When problematic, osteochondromas may be removed surgically. However, they can recur after the procedure.