Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
- Wart Post treatment Instructions
- Nail Surgery post op Instructions
- Pre-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- Post-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- SHOE LIST
Heel fissures is the term for cracking of the skin of the heels. This can be a painful condition that can cause bleeding. Open-backed sandals or shoes that allow more slippage around the heel while walking are often culprits that cause heel fissures. Skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis, can also lead to heel fissures. The skin thickens as a result of the friction. Wearing proper shoes and the use of deep skin moisturizers and lotions can reduce the dryness associated with the condition and allow the foot to heal.