Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
- Wart Post treatment Instructions
- Nail Surgery post op Instructions
- Pre-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- Post-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
Haglund's Deformity (also known as pump bump or retrocalcaneal bursitis) is a painful enlargement on the back of the heel bone that becomes irritated by shoes. It normally appears as a red, painful, and swollen area in the back of the heel bone. Women tend to develop the condition more than men because of irritation from rigid heel counters in shoes that rub up and down on the back of the heel bone.
Changing shoes, soaking feet, and anti-inflammatory medications often mitigate the symptoms of this problem. Note: Please consult your physician before taking any medications.