Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
- Wart Post treatment Instructions
- Nail Surgery post op Instructions
- Pre-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- Post-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- SHOE LIST
Freiberg's Disease usually begins as a pain in the ball of a child's foot. Its onset is often linked to an injury to the growth plate of one of the long bones behind the toes, called metatarsals. The loss of blood flow to the growth plate causes pain. Freiberg's Disease is most frequently seen in adolescents between the ages of 13 and15. It is three times as likely to occur in females than in males.
Treatment for Frieberg's Disease consists of reducing pressure under the affected bone. This may require the use of crutches and/or prescription of a custom orthotic.