How your podiatrists in Gainesville, and Dulles, VA, can help you get rid of foot warts
Foot warts can be ugly and embarrassing. When you have foot warts, you may not want to take off your socks and shoes. Fortunately, they are easily treatable by your podiatrist.
Dr. Mukesh Bhakta and Dr. Anam Ali at Prince William Foot & Ankle Center offer a wide variety of foot and ankle services, including treatment of foot warts. They have two convenient office locations in Gainesville, and Dulles, VA, to help you.
Foot warts are caused by a virus, and they can:
- Look like a callus
- Appear as rough, scaly bumps
- Have small black dots in the middle of them
- Form on your toes, heels, soles, or forefeet
- Develop into open sores if they are in the ridges and lines in your feet
Children and teenagers are at a higher risk of developing warts, but adults can develop them too. Your risk of developing warts also increases if:
- You have a compromised immune system
- You walk barefoot in public areas like showers, locker rooms, or gyms
For small foot warts, over-the-counter wart removal solutions may offer some relief. For stubborn warts that don’t respond to over-the-counter medications, it’s best to visit your podiatrist, who can help you get rid of foot warts permanently.
Professional treatments to remove warts include:
- Applying topical stronger acid solution to remove the wart layer-by-layer with aggressive debridement
- Prescription topical medications and compounding ointments
- Using liquid nitrogen to freeze the wart
- Using laser therapy to kill the virus and the cells forming the wart
- Oral medications in children for stubborn warts
Foot warts can be unsightly and uncomfortable, but you don’t have to put up with them. Your podiatrist can help you get rid of warts permanently.
To learn more about the treatment of foot warts, call Dr. Mukesh Bhakta and Dr. Anam Ali at Prince William Foot & Ankle Center. You can reach them in the Gainesville, VA, or in the Dulles, VA, offices by calling (703) 753-3338. Call today.