Mukesh Bhakta, D.P.M.
Dr. Mukesh Bhakta has been in private practice since August 2000. He established his own practice Prince William Foot & Ankle Center, PC in August 2006 and subsequently South Riding Foot & Ankle Center, PC in 2010. Dr. Bhakta grew up in South Texas and did his undergrad at The University of Texas. He received his Doctorates at Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 1998 and did his residency training at The St. Louis VA Hospital, Scott Air Force base and some training at NNMC in Bethesda. He worked in private practice with a larger group(which he trained under) in the suburbs of St. Louis before relocating to this area to be closer to family.
His particular areas of interest include podiatric sports medicine, injuries and pediatrics. Most people are surprised to learn that about 20-25% of his patients are under 18 and 25% of his practice is heel pain. He has been playing sports and working out his entire life(played tennis and basketball in high school) and developed many of the acute injuries that many of us get. He knows how these injuries feel (e.g. heel pain- even gave himself several cortisone shots) and what is best for recovery. He works closely with The Running Store (no affiliation) for proper shoe fitting and gait analysis and other local vendors. He is on staff at Novant™ Health Prince Willliam Medical Center, Novant™ Health Haymarket Health Center and does his surgeries at the new Haymarket Surgery Center, and Novant™ Health Prince William Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Dr. Bhakta is married with two children (son is in high school and daughter is in middle school). He has coached his son's basketball team and daughter's soccer teams. His wife is a Family Physician in South Riding. In recent years, his form of exercise has shifted to running and crosstraining but still enjoys playing golf and basketball. His hobbies include home improvement projects and traveling.
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, 1994 - 1998.
- B.S. Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine.
- Majored in Biochemistry University of Texas, Austin, 1987 - 1991.
- Primary Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency at St. Louis VA Hospital, Scott Air Force Base, NNMC Bethesda, 1998 - 2000.
- Board Certified, American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry, Primary Care in Podiatric Medicine.
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Treatment
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member, Virginia Podiatric Medical Association
- Associate, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Novant™ Prince William Hospital, Manassas, VA.
- NovantTMHaymarket Medical Center, Haymarket, VA
- Virginia Medical License (Podiatry)