Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
- Wart Post treatment Instructions
- Nail Surgery post op Instructions
- Pre-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- Post-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
Neurolysis is a therapeutic procedure used to treat neuromas. During this nonsurgical procedure, the affected nerve is chemically destroyed via seven weekly injections of ethanol mixed with a local anesthetic. Because nerve tissue has an affinity for ethanol, it absorbs the substance, which, after repeated exposure, becomes toxic and destroys the pain-causing nerve. Neurolysis has a success rate of more than 60 percent. However, this treatment modality is not widely accepted by insurance companies.