Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
Claw toe is caused by nerve damage from diseases like diabetes or alcoholism, which can weaken muscles in the foot. The term stems from the toes' appearanceâ€”toes that look like claws digging down into the soles. Claw toe may lead to the formation of painful calluses. Claw toe worsens without treatment and may become a permanent deformity over time.
Common symptoms of claw toe include:
- Toes bent upward from the joints at the ball of the foot.
- Toes bent downward at the middle joints toward the sole of the shoe.
- Corns on the top of the toe or under the ball of the foot.
Claw toe deformities are easier to repair when detected early. Splints or tape is used to hold the toes in correct position.