Dr. Bhakta and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- HEEL /ARCH PAIN Instructions
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction(PTTD)
- Neuroma (ball of foot pains)
- Calcaneal Apophysiitis (SEVERS)
- Achilles stretches
- Gout Instructions
- Wart Post treatment Instructions
- Nail Surgery post op Instructions
- Pre-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
- Post-op Hospital Surgery Instructions
Osteochondritis is a lesion that usually causes pain and stiffness of the ankle joint and affects all age groups. Osteochondritis is caused by a twisting-type injury to the ankle. Symptoms include swelling and ankle pain.
Immobilization of the foot and ankle for a period of time usually resolves the problem. In more severe cases, however, surgery may be prescribed. During the surgery, loose fragments of cartilage and bone are removed from the ankle joint and, in some cases, small drill holes are made in the defect to stimulate new blood vessels and help form scar tissue that will fill the defect.